You are never too old to color.
And, you are never too young to make a difference!
Hippo Fun Facts
- Hippopotamus means “river horse” in Greek.
- Hippos are third largest living land mammal, after elephants and white rhinos.
- Hippos can weigh up to 8,000 lbs.
- Hippos are social animals.
- Hippos are herbivores (plant-eaters).
- Hippos are nocturnal (most active at night). They spend the day resting and staying
cool in water or mud, emerging from the water at night to graze on grass.
- Hippos are semi-aquatic, spending much of their time in water.
- A hippo’s nose, ears and eyes are on top of its head and protrude from the water
while the rest of its head and body lie beneath the surface.
- Hippo sweat acts as a sunscreen, sunblock and antibiotic.
- Hippos run very fast (faster than a human). They can run up to 14 miles per hour.
- Hippos can open their mouths 4 feet wide.
- Hippos average lifespan is 45 years.
- A hippo’s foot has 4 webbed toes.
- Hippos are gray in color with a pink belly.
- A hippo’s tail is short and shaped like a paddle.